Location: Gainesville, FL
Salary: $50,000 unlicensed $60,000 licensed
This is a highly responsible position in the Center's Management Team. This position is responsible for oversight of clinician's documentation paperwork and as required provide licensure signature sign off. She/he will be responsible for employee interviewing, hiring and orientation and staff supervision under her direction. She/he will be expected to work independently and as part of a team, providing an array of best practice psychoeducational materials in group and individual settings. Train staff and team implement and promote and build a culture around strength-based and recovery practices. She/he is expected to interact with stakeholders, internal and external, and is sometimes required to represent Meridian's management team to these stakeholders. She/he will take immediately action for any care provided to consumers that is not safe, not provided timely or not professional. This position may also require providing assessment, evaluation intake, treatment planning and documentation addressing the specific treatment needs of consumers, as well as consultation services to Center and other agency staff, if needed due to staff shortage. Participates and contribute to budget preparation and monitoring of fiscal performance, inclusive of authorization process with insurance entities.
Education: Florida Licensure in mental health or social work strongly preferred (LCSW/LMHC). Master's degree in mental health, social work, marriage and family counseling, psychology or related mental health field from an accredited college or university required.
Experience: 2 years of supervisory experience in a related field strongly preferred. Two years' experience working with patients with severe and persistent mental illness required. Valid Florida Driver's license required, driving record to qualify as an approved Meridian center drives.
1. Be able to work in a supervisory role and provide licensure sign off on documentation submitted by Master or Bachelor level clinicians
2. Have the ability to recognize the signs and symptoms associated with decompensation in mental health and or co-occurring mental health/substance use disorders.
3. Have the ability to model behaviors and work as a member of the treatment team in reaching the goals of the individualized client treatment plan, as well as the goals of the program.
4. Demonstrate behaviors that recognize client rights
5. Demonstrate respect for diversity and shows sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of other cultures, recognizing and enhancing strengths, skills and talents of population served with goal for populations service to become independent to the extent possible.
6. Understand and comply with rules related to Personal Health Information and ensures that information is shared with other providers, as directed by the client in a manner consistent with Center policy and HIPAA requirements
7. Must be able to assist other staff with education and program activities, work effectively with others, be part of a team and be willing to take on new tasks and responsibilities when requested.
9. Be able to effectively work with clients to reach clients goals.
10. Provide effective and accurate documentation in all required reports in the electronic health record.
11. Have basic computer skills by being able to work with a computer based program, input data and find and report on data
12. Willing to accept other duties as required in order to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.