Location: Various locations
Rate of Pay: $12.00/hr
Position Summary:This is an entry-level position providing supportive services to clients in a various 24/7 treatment programs. The position requires the ability to model behaviors and work as a member of the treatment team in reaching the goals of the individualized treatment plan, as well as the goals of the program.
High School Diploma or GED preferred and 2 years' experience in a human service field required. College education in a human service field may be substituted for experience. Personal recovery of at least 2 years may be substituted for work experience. Preference is given to candidates with work experience in substance abuse and/or a college degree in a human service field. SAPP: CNA license is preferred in day/evening positions but required on night shift.
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations. While driving is not required for PRN positions, preference is given to candidates that qualify as center drivers. (Please note, Center Driver is required on all part time and full time positions for 7a-3pm schedules).
*Recovery Center in Lake City: Center Driver required on ALL positions
Providing supportive services to clients in a residential substance use treatment program.
Providing supportive services to clients in a specialized residential substance treatment program serving clients with infections requiring PICC line antibiotics. CNA license preferred, and required on night shift.
Temporary housing for clients receiving outpatient services through Meridian
MIST (GV):The MIST Program is a Closed Mothers & Infants Unit, requiring specialized patient communication and direct care. (Center Driver required for all positions)
Recovery Center (LC):
Adolescent (age 13-17)
1. Monitor, educate and assist residents in performance of activities of daily living in accordance with goals and problem area identified on individualized treatment plan
2. Participate in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in areas related to the focus of the residential program
3. Attend meetings as appropriate and meet regularly with supervisor and peers to exchange pertinent information and to receive supervision
4. Monitor patients on the SAPP unit by completing room checks, taking vitals as prescribed and assisting with medications as needed (SAPP)
5. Report all medical concerns to Nursing Staff, Physician and/or Director
6. Obtain emergency medical help as needed
7. Maintain client and program records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations
8. Interact appropriately with any and all visitors, family members, and care providers of residents
9. Carry out responsibilities pertaining to the efficient and therapeutic operation of the facility, including all events, activities and outings, utilizing safety management, emergency procedures and non-violent crisis intervention
10. Monitors and records client self-administration of approved medications.
11. Administers random and scheduled Breathalyzer and urinalysis tests, completes and submits appropriate forms.
12. Assist with inventory and general maintenance of supplies, facilities and equipment
13. Perform cleaning duties as assigned by supervisor
14. Interact with clients in a confidential, therapeutic, and responsible manner maintaining a high level of ethical conduct
15. Manage crisis and emergency situations involving residents
16. Transport residents to and from appointment, groups and other activities (if approved driver)
17. Perform other duties as assigned
18. Abides by the Staffing Absenteeism policies and submits timesheets in a timely fashion.
19. Staff is required to stay over shift until appropriate and sufficient staff has arrived. At times, in circumstances of staff call-outs, increased client acuity or supervisor requests, staff is required to stay until dismissed by RN Shift Manager, Staffing Department or Administrator on-call.
Violation in any of these above areas may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.