Gainesville and Lake City Schedules available, including PRN options.
$15.26/hour shift differential | Non-Exempt
· Bachelor Degree in social work, psychology, counseling, health administration or related field from an established college or university, preferred.
· AA degree or certification as a Medical/Nursing Assistant, 1 years of experience in related field.
· High school Diploma, 2 years of recent acute, inpatient mental health, or similar crisis related experience.
· ** Must be able to type at least 27 wpm on prescreen assessment and score at least 65% on general assessment.
1. Must attend mandatory Emergency Screening meetings held once a month and CSU meetings as requested.
2. Greets clients in the screening area: Inventories personal effects and screens for contraband. Performs breath alcohol testing and vital signs. Obtains urine for on-site drug screen. Assures client confidentiality while obtaining their vital signs including weight, heart rate, blood pressure, and height for children. Notifies RN on duty of readings outside of identified parameters. Applies wristband identification. Uses digital camera to provide photo identification. Initiates "Flow Sheet" documentation. Enters the client's name and key number on all necessary forms. Opens screening episode in electronic health record, verifies payer eligibility, process any Baker Act forms within established timelines.
3. Responsible for efficient workflow of reception: Ensures client waiting time is kept at a minimum. Tracks and reports time from door to check in to screening start time. Maintains Emergency Screening bed board.
4. Assists with maintaining a safe environment: Works with Emergency Screeners to monitor and manage waiting room. Provides for the care and custody of those patients in the Emergency Screening area including offering snacks, bathroom breaks, hygiene supplies as needed, and keeping waiting areas clean. Provides appropriate support and guidance to coworkers and seeks appropriate direction.
5. Facilitates discharge from Emergency Screening: check for d/c order, return property, & ensure accuracy, call for drivers and track driver/begin/end time of transports, close out admission from ES; Ensures proper d/c in system, accurate completion of d/c paperwork, and client is aware of any d/c follow up appointment. May assist in conducting follow-up reminders for post-inpatient appointments.
6. Assists in completion of observation and documentation: conducts 15-minute client checks and documents client observations using "Flow Sheet". Notifies Emergency Screeners of any verbal interaction or observations which may be related to client self-harm or harm to others or concerns for potential abuse of a child, partner, or elder.
7. Support of ongoing CSU activities: Manages visitor check-in of approved visitors. Willing to be an active participant in client restraints, as needed.
1. Customer Service: Greets clients as soon as possible after check-in and provides welcoming atmosphere. Provides confidentiality by modulating voice during vitals signs and other documentation. When not engaged in work-related tasks or activities, keeps personal conversation quiet to avoid being misinterpreted by nearby clients. Treats all customers - clients, staff, other departments - with courtesy. When answering the phone, identifies the unit and their name (first name only). Utilizing therapeutic communication techniques, attempts to address client concerns in a timely fashion, engages co-workers as needed and reports all client concerns to the Emergency Screeners.
2. Communication: Documents clearly and effectively utilizing appropriate forms. Seeks information as needed. Attends staff meetings. Attendance at staff meetings is expected and paid for. If unable to attend in person, review of minutes is expected. Attendance at fewer than one-half of the meetings scheduled is subject to review by the Director of Emergency Screening. Coordinates breaks with Emergency Screeners and/or other staff members as appropriate. Requests time off with required notice and notifies the Supervisor and/or Staffing Department as soon as possible if calling off for illness or emergency and adheres to the Absenteeism/Tardy Policy.
3. Team Work: Orients and mentors new staff members as needed and as appropriate. Considerate of other team members. Channels questions, suggestions, and constructive criticism appropriately. Works with the team to identify opportunities for improvement. Flexible and adapts well to change. Cross-department work is common and a spirit of cooperation is needed.
4. Staff is required to stay over shift until appropriate and sufficient staff has arrived. At times, in circumstances of staff call-outs, increased client acuity or supervisor requests, staff is required to stay until dismissed by Staffing Department or Administrator on-call.
Violation in any of these above areas may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist. The following are general and apply to all positions with this title.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demand:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to
attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified
employees. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.I attest that I am able to meet the essential duties and responsibilities of this position; including the physical demands, knowledge, skills, and abilities requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.