Rate of Pay: $16.34/hour
This is a professional position that works closely with an interdisciplinary team to assist in providing and coordinating services in an acute care inpatient setting for clients, their families, inpatient/outpatient Meridian staff, community agencies, and insurance carriers.
Education: Bachelor's degree in social work, counseling, psychology or related field from an established college or university.
Experience: This is an entry level position. New graduates will be considered. Some experience in discharge planning or case management from a behavioral healthcare setting is preferred.
- Establishes and maintains a welcoming therapeutic relationship with clients while working collaboratively with doctors, nurses, emergency screeners, unit counselors, and other staff to provide the best therapeutic experience for the patient
- Ensures care is coordinated within Meridian and external agencies caring for our patients
- Coordinates discharge planning and post discharge contact to reduce recidivism
- Conducts family meetings and gathers collateral information for treatment and discharge planning
- Regularly attends and participates in daily treatment team meetings to ensure appropriate client care
- Administers care based on the client's individualized Treatment Plan, assessment of client status, and progress toward desired outcomes
- Conducts psycho-educational groups and therapeutic activities according to the individualized treatment plan at direction of Unit Counselor and/or Supervisor
- Ensures accuracy and concurrency in documentation
- Performs other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives
- Willing to be an active participant in client restraints, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.