Location: Gainesville, FL
Rate of Pay: $12.85/hr
This is routine manual work consisting of extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on all Meridian facilities, grounds, mechanical equipment, and utility systems. Under general supervision, this position will perform a wide variety of maintenance duties in order to provide a clean, orderly, and safe environment; and perform related work as required. This position is reviewed through reports and observations and has potential exposure to blood and body fluids. Personal protective equipment may be needed while performing some maintenance duties.
High School diploma, general education degree or two years related maintenance experience. Plumbing, HVAC, or electrical certification preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must be able to work independently with little or no supervision and have good time management skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
1. Report to work based on department's schedule for employee.
2. Perform preventative maintenance.
3. Maintain inventory control of maintenance supplies, departmental tools, and equipment.
4. Assist in tracking work orders for facility repairs.
5. Perform facility maintenance and repairs such as replacement of window glass, plumbing repairs, HVAC repairs and maintenance, exterior repairs, lighting, minor electrical, floor and trim repair, blinds and other facility maintenance as needed.
6. Maintain security, including lock replacement, door handles, window locks, key pads, security codes and specific knowledge of security panels.
7. Work independently, available 24 hours on-call, to resolve problems that arise.
8. Provide center-wide customer service while maintaining a positive attitude.
9. Proactively identify problems and propose effective solutions by filling out work orders and informing supervisor.
10. Ensure all required safety standards are in accordance with CARF requirements.
11. Knowledge of fire alarm, building alarms, security systems and procedures.
12. Restock housekeeping supplies in all areas as needed.
13. Attend meetings as assigned.
14. Ensure all safety standards are followed.
15. Complete tasks with minimal follow up.
16. Adapt quickly to changing situations with a calm attitude.
17. Perform other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.