This is a professional position monitoring care, follow-up and ongoing direct services to patients in the CSU. The Peer Specialist is responsible for overseeing and enhancing patient services by providing program information, monitoring the care of the patients, through service education, referrals to services, and linkages to other programs. This is a very important position, in that the Peer Recovery Specialist will educate on how to appropriately navigate treatment, social service and recovery support systems; be a positive role model to patients and their families by sharing experiential knowledge, hope, and skills; maintain relationships with patients and families in order to assist individuals in the treatment engagement and retention process; assist patients with gaining skills and resources needed to initiate and maintain recovery; empower patients to make self-determined and self-directed choices about their recovery pathway. The work is performed with some independence and as part of a team under the supervision of the program manager.
The Peer Recovery Specialist will be a consumer who is in recovery from mental health diagnosis and who has successful experience with recovery activities.
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements
1. Meet with clients daily on CSU as well as in ES, to provide information on services and introduce
them to the process of being inpatient.
2. Provide practical real world support in coping with life's day to day demands through teaching, modeling and coaching approaches to rehabilitation.
3. Promote the value of self-help, peer support and personal empowerment to foster recovery.
4. Promote information about mental illness and substance abuse.
5. Maintain close relationships with the therapist/patient navigator and others to best facilitate the participant's treatment.
6. Complete electronic documentation in a timely manner.
7. Comply with Meridian's policies and procedures.
8. Meet required service hours on a weekly basis.
9. Function as an advocate for consumers and model self-advocacy skills.
10. Provide discharge follow up calls 24 hours after discharge to help the
patient navigate the early stages of seeking assistance and beginning a successful path towards